Gas smell

Central Scotland, Stirling to be precise.

He never mentioned anything about a Corgi, he wasn't really interested at all. He did say that Independent Pipelines (mob whose meter/supply it is) would come out. Independent Pipelines phoned me, but as the Transco guy had said it was internal that was the end of it in their mind.

Think i might well put in a wee complaint.

Sponsored Links
lor said:
do you always stick your head in the sand? you could have killed your whole family.
at least your gas bill has been alot higher than it should

COMMON SENSE .its idiots like you that we need so many laws

I was a bit younger and naive when i moved in, no family, no worries. I'm not an expert in any shape or form. Nobodys perfect.

I actually got £100 back from British Gas just recently as i was in credit!

I have never heard of Transco fixing any leak although they are meant to if it can be done within 30 minutes.

I have never heard of them giving out any phone numbers of RGIs.

They seem to think they are doing us RGIs a favour giving us a small job.

Very precise a guessed price of £40.60p above but its wrong in our case! We charge £65 if the leak can be found and fixed quickly.

A friend of mine had a gas leak when the wind blew. Transco traced it on a Sunday to a corroded external pipe beside the house. They sent a total of three teams and had it fixed by 7 pm but thats in Weymouth where its a bit quiet I suppose.

Tony

Agile,

When you say Transco are meant to repair leaks are you sure that their fitters are trained and qualified to carry out work on appliances and pipework in domestic and commercial premesis ?

They will sometimes make a simple repair such as to nip up a compression fitting to help out a householder (assuming it takes only a few minutes).

Sponsored Links
many years a go when i had not heard of plumbing, i had a gas leak made by a plasterer chopping out the old gas pipe from the upstairs bedroom.

i was at work. he called transco (and me) who came out and sorted it for me (disconnected the old pipework etc)

but i think i know why....i came home from work in uniform and he had a sad fascination for uniforms ?! (god, could he talk !)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back