potterton puma gas smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replaced wax capsule on my puma a couple of weeks back and everything was okay. Went away for a week back last night and the pilot had gone out when I relighted there was a strong smell of gas from the boiler. Obviously nothing to do with the wax cap' but nothing else has been touched. Turned gas off last night was hoping the smell was residual gas from the pilot but tried again today and the smell is just as bad. Anyone got any ideas as to the cause?

Sponsored Links
CALL 0800111999

you have a gas leak, do not attempt to locate or fix it yourselve unless you have the tools and the training.

This boiler is room sealed so unless you are sucking at the flue you will get no "residual" smell form the pilot.

what did you dismantle when you changed the capsule, you did not touch the gas valve did you.

I didn't touch anything on the gas side - that is what is annoying it was up and running with no problems and now this! Have turned off gas and am awaiting a 'corgiman' friday. Regards.

Thats odd, my posting here and one other has dissapeared without trace!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Thats odd, my posting here and one other has dissapeared without trace!

Tony

its a conspriacy tony

CORGI as well as selling info to people who already have it they want to silence YOU!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back