Gas Stove Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at having a gas stove installed in the living room fireplace & am after some advice on models. I was originally going for a woodburner but since there is gas in the opening & I don't have easy access to wood it's been suggested that a gas stove may be a better option & possibly make the house more saleable in the future.

I was slightly surprised to see how much more expensive gas stoves are than woodburners so would ask if anyone has any experience of particularly good stoves, or ones best avoided. I've done some research & I can get a Yeoman CL5 for about £1200 but I also like the look of the Broseley Evolution Desire/Inspire 5 which is available for around £800.

Is there anything that makes the Yeoman worth 50% more, or are the Broseley stoves perfectly good performers?

Any advice or pointers would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
I'd say the Yeoman is better built. They're more expensive than their solid fuel counterparts because they are solid fuel stoves which have been converted to run on gas. More manufacturing time & more materials = greater cost

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back