Gas tester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Or are you going to tell him where to buy a can of leak detection fluid on a Sunday night

Why is he working on gas on a Sunday night? :eek: Perhaps call a corgi in is the bst answer. He will have his own leak detection fluid and also do a proper tightness test :rolleyes:

Or are you going to tell him where to buy a can of leak detection fluid on a Sunday night

Why is he working on gas on a Sunday night? :eek: Perhaps call a corgi in is the bst answer. He will have his own leak detection fluid and also do a proper tightness test :rolleyes:

I'd think that perhaps he doesn't want to. Maybe he doesn't trust them. Can't think why.

Are you going to tell us there's some special esoteric skill in keeping gas inside a pipe?

No, but there is if he wants his house insurance to remain valid.

I assume you think all diyers know about proper tightness tests, have the equipment to do them and know how to interpret the results :eek:

B&Q sell cans of 'PH 'leak detection spray.
Cheaper than getting someone in, but what do you do when (if?) you find the leak?
That is the part you ned to be very wary of, and why did th eleak appear?, rusty pipes, damage, meddle. take care with gas :eek:

No, but there is if he wants his house insurance to remain valid.

Can you refer me to any cases where the insurance has been invalidated by non-Corgi gas work?

I think this is a myth put about by technically inadequate and insecure gas fitters. Can you demonstrate that I am mistaken in this belief?

I assume you think all diyers know about proper tightness tests, have the equipment to do them and know how to interpret the results :eek:

No.

I think that you could show the average 14 year old to do a soundness test and understand the permissible pressure loss in 20 minutes. The way to promote gas safety is to make such simple training easily available and to disseminate the knowledge and skill amongst the DIYers and tradesmen who might want it.

It is counterproductive, in safety terms, to restrict access to fundamental gas training to trade gas fitters. The main concern of the gas trade is not with gas safety, it is in safeguarding their incomes.

It's gonna explode! £600 to hang a boiler on a wall?
Muppets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back