gasfitter screwed me over.....

I also like to fit the hob isolator where its is accessible!

But I had to conceed an argument that the regulations dont require it to be accessible "because its to isolate the appliance for servicing and NOT for use in case of an emergency".

Tony

Sponsored Links
the main gas meter is about 4 feet away in another cupboard, so I can get at that for any kind of emergency use..

the hob is secured.. it has spring clips the bite into the sides of the hole, no screw brackets for underneath..

the drawer runner was put there last night after the decision was made to relocate the oven to the next unit to the right

I was concerned at the time over the use of a compression fitting for gas... can you use those?

the oven was in the box under the box the hob was in, he opened it so I presumed he had measured the clearance..

took him an hour ( including running the hob full out for 10 mins for some reason ) and after he left I thought I could have done a better job if teh law allowed.. :evil: ..

and that's no the back of the unit.. that's the stud wall....!!!

Just get him back to redo it.he's obviously not v.experienced or v.clever.

Some concession from yourself could be in order as you both failed to discuss the job beforehand. Or so it seems.

The pipe comming through the wall should be sleeved from one side of the wall to other especially as it's a stud wall

Sponsored Links
i would call him back and tell him youve posted a pic of that abortion on this site..

you would think he would have tried to hide that pipework somehow

put a door on the unit and lock it :D

Gas Fitters :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Same as they always were :rolleyes: Nothing changes.

I also like to fit the hob isolator where its is accessible!

But I had to conceed an argument that the regulations dont require it to be accessible "because its to isolate the appliance for servicing and NOT for use in case of an emergency".

Tony

snb take note,spot on MR G.:cool:

ECV is for emergencies,its in the name. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back