Gate entry system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and thank you for reading this message. Hoping you are well during this strange time of virus.

Small estate has vehicle and entry gate with an entry panel with keypad and house numbers 1 to 7 buttons. The house number buttons ring through to each house's landline. There is a box at the side of the gate containing the circuits and fuses.

But when a house gets a new landline number, no one knows how to reprogramme the system.

This is a photo inside the circuits box. Particularly half way up right hand side three buttons and display looks promising for reprogramming numbers.

Does this circuit box look familiar at all and if so where could instructions be found for reprogramming?

Thank you, and thank you again for reading.
circuits panel.jpg

Sponsored Links
Dear Handymanjo,

Thank you very much for the lead. From an internet search I see that CDVI are a trading company so I will ask them.

Thank you again.

Take photo of entrance station at gate and email photo to tech support with photo of pcb in gate control box .
Do you no who installed the gates ? ask them .

Sponsored Links
That one of them jobs you open the box up and a swear word comes out and then a big sigh. Then I say are you sure you just don't want a ip video system.

Sorry no help at all there was I

Sorry to dash your hopes.... but I think that module with the LCD is just a simple timer ... same module is on a popular auction site.

I think the PCB to the left of that LCD module is the unit that connects to the phone line. I think to reprogram the numbers you are gonna need a program on a PC that talks to that board.

Sorry to dash your hopes.... but I think that module with the LCD is just a simple timer ... same module is on a popular auction site.

I think the PCB to the left of that LCD module is the unit that connects to the phone line. I think to reprogram the numbers you are gonna need a program on a PC that talks to that board.

You mean eBay? ( You are allowed to say the sites name you don't need to worry about being done for promoting a site or whatever)

A lot of telephone dialler intercom units can be reprogrammed by phoning in to the unit on its dialling-out line and entering a passcode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back