Geberit Mepla- Help! Need advice

LCP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. I am in a situation. I have rental property I keep in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. There is not one plumber in the area who has any experience nor tools to repair my home built with Mepla plumbing parts. My plumber had to replace a water pump in the heating room and upon install of new copper lines he dislodged a connection to the mepla line which happens to be our main water line coming from the "pila".

This connection required a few parts, one male adapter with thread 32mm x1" , a compression clamp 32mm and a pressing tool. My question for those that are experienced with this product, is this $1900US pressing tool necessary?

The last time a part broke, we only needed the adapters and compression clamp. Not sure if there is another manufacturer who sells a similar pressing tool could be used instead due to costs? Any advice I really appreciate. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Not sure what the market is like in Mexico, but here in the UK we would go to a hire shop and hire the tool required if it was only going to be used once

The makers of the pipe usually do converter fittings to get you off their type of pipe and back onto conventional pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back