Geminox Megalithe 30S central heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Geminox Megalithe 30S central heating and hot water system in France. It burns oil and is a pressurised system. It heats radiators and provides hot water. The pump has failed and I need a new one. I tried the local French plumber but he said he does not repair Geminox.
The pump carries the BOSCH logo and the WILO logo. I’ve contacted WILO and they say “this is an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) product made under license. Therefore you will have to contact the equipment manufacturer to source a replacement.
I’ve searched the net and not come up with anything. BOSCH do not seem to publish any email addresses or telephone numbers. Does anybody know a source?
The Pump has 2.8uF 400VDB / ~ 230V – 50Hz, PN8 ~ IP44, Class F – TF95, HU15/4.5-3 P and 4506946 /08 on the back.
I'd be very grateful for some help.

Sponsored Links
Very many thanks for your reply. The pump I need is the the circulating pump for the hot water to the radiators.
The link you gave me looks very promising as I recognise the boiler shown as mine. No mention of the pump but I've not explored it fully yet. Once again many thanks.

Hot water goes to the taps!

Central heating water goes to the radiators!

Its likely to be a standard Wilo part but they badge it so the boiler makers can sell it at an inflated price!

Sponsored Links
Geminox Boilers are imported into UK by a Comapny called Evinox (Surrey) they speak English and should be able to help you
sadly as you have found out Pump manufacturer's are not very heplfull when it comes to boiler maker branded products - even though it is probably an easily available standarwd pump!!

www.evinox.co.uk

Evinox will also be "helpful" in supplying the makers spare parts at perhaps £170 when the generic pump can probably be bought for £95.

My friend in France is now on his third week waiting for a new alternator for his Vectra at a price of £440 !

if the pump just looks like a standadrd circulator you could probably just replace it with a standard pump wouldnt go for wilo again though go for Grundfoss its running on 230vac so unless its brass or does something special most circulators are inter changeable

Its built into the boiler and it may not have ther standard pump volute!

While I agree with your comment about Evinox Agile The OP has had NO LUCK in sourcing a pump and EVINOX are the people to call and the price? well that all depends on how much you wnat that new pump!! ;) Oh and your friend in france? perhaps he should drive a Citroen! :LOL:

Wilo have only acted in accordance with their agreement to provide OEM parts and to protect the makers income from others using generic parts from their standard range.

You and I potentially could look at pumps we might have in stock and physically compare them with the one in the boiler. The OP does not have that capability and will probably have to pay the full list price for the part.

If he employed an engineer then he might be able to get a trade discount and MIGHT pass that on ( although many would keep it as part of their contribution to overheads ).

The pump carries the BOSCH logo and the WILO logo.

That seems odd and might imply that its a dirty system often wearing out pumps and that it is currently fitted is from a Bosch boiler!

That seems an odd choice of firm to purchase!

I have to say that the few that I see are solidly made and constructed but let down by VERY Micky Mouse control panal/PCBs.

Many thanks for the suggestion of Evinox. I have emailed them and will let you know if anything comes of it.
I also found the suggestion by ianmcd and agile very useful as I think that it is possible to just replace the pump volute so that I can then use a more standard pump such as a Grundfoss. I will pay a visit to my local plumbing supplies place and ask for some advice there about volutes.
The real problem is that in rural France it is very difficult to get anybody to do anything. When our pump went in England recently our local friendly plumber was round immediately and replaced it instantly. Just getting a plumber to answer the phone is difficult in France.

I got a reply from Evinox. They have the pump I require for £99.38 + vat
and £12 carriage. I will be going ahead with this.
If anyone has got any tips on how to fit it I would be grateful. The existing pump has no isolating valves so I presume I have to empty the whole system to do the job?
Once again many thanks. You are all great especially Boilerman2 who gave me the site which I could never have found on my own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back