general building queries - London Extensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to do a L shaped loft extension as well as a side return extension and have been quoted GBP38K and GBP32K for each bit respectively. Both are very standard loft and side return extensions done by every other Londoner in a Victorian/Edwardian house in London. Does this sound expensive or not?

Also I have been told I need a Megaflow as our water pressure is only just under 13...is that right? (The house finnished would have 2 bathrooms and 3 toilets).

Thanks! JM

Sponsored Links
GBP what is that? am I right in saying your quotes are from foreign nationals...?

If your thinking of matching the brickwork in reclaimed stocks I would add 15-20% on them prices for starters.

Basic prices quoted on here are one thing, getting real quotes out there is totally different, we can give you m3 rates and m2 rates but these are middle of the road stuff.

The-brickie said:
GBP what is that? am I right in saying your quotes are from foreign nationals...?

If your thinking of matching the brickwork in reclaimed stocks I would add 15-20% on them prices for starters.

Basic prices quoted on here are one thing, getting real quotes out there is totally different, we can give you m3 rates and m2 rates but these are middle of the road stuff.

Great Britain Pounds ;)

Sponsored Links
Those prices sound low to me. Of 10 or 12 extension jobs I designed last year not one of them came in less than £55k and a couple were up around £70-80k.

GBP - is pounds (I have a US laptop)...

The sizes are:

Side return: 2m X 3m
Loft: (Main) 5m X 10m + (over rear extension) 3m X 3m

Both extension and loft are just one storey.

Thanks

JM

Where abouts are you? I'm based in East London/Essex Borders and could have a look for you if you want, just to get a second opinion.

Yes mate, extensions, loft/cellar/garage conversions, conservatories etc. If its buildable I'll build it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back