Generator leaking fuel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20191025_115329422.jpg
IMG_20191025_115317812.jpg

Hello, I have a generator that seems to be leaking fuel.
In the photo of the grey tube, fuel leaks from it when under pressure and goes everywhere.
I think the tube will need replacing as well as the clip which has worn lose and does not exert much compression anymore.
What fittings do I need to do this, where do I look?
Perhaps I should have the generator serviced instead and take care of it that way.
Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you are going to use the softer rubber hose (Honda style) the those horrible clips can be reused - not that they do much anyway! They don't do anything on clear plastic.
Couple of tips.....1st pic with the fuel tap. The bigger hexagon at the bottom of the tap has a filter and water settling bowl - worth a clean from time to time;
2nd pic with carburettor and almost out of shot - that screw with the spring is a drain down which allows stale fuel and other crap to be drained away from the carb, very useful if the machine isn't used for a while.
John :)

Sponsored Links
If you are going to use the softer rubber hose (Honda style) the those horrible clips can be reused - not that they do much anyway! They don't do anything on clear plastic.
Couple of tips.....1st pic with the fuel tap. The bigger hexagon at the bottom of the tap has a filter and water settling bowl - worth a clean from time to time;
2nd pic with carburettor and almost out of shot - that screw with the spring is a drain down which allows stale fuel and other crap to be drained away from the carb, very useful if the machine isn't used for a while.
John :)

Brilliant tip, thank you Burnerman.
I had a brief look at the generator but after removing the plastic face plate the threaded screws were driven in so hard I just couldn't unscrew them without chewing them up.
I'll send a photo of what I mean tomorrow.
Without removing the face plate I can't get to the tube to do any work on it.
It looks quite easily accessible where it is but it really isn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back