Genocide supporters will not like this.

First draft they got 80% of the country, and Israel got 20%, they turned that down, and went to kill them all with every other arab nation, and lost.
While Genocide of Palestinians is wrong, so is Hamas fro hiding amongst the civilian population.
Now before you say Israel has them cornered, they have other boarders too.
Also I am always wonder how an impoverished people as every claims, can keep up a constant missile bombardment, despite the fact they say they can not get food into the aera.

80% - where you read that?

Other borders? So neighbouring countries should take the Palestinians.

Sponsored Links
80% - where you read that?

Other borders? So neighbouring countries should take the Palestinians.

Sounds about right for the Peel Commission proposal in 1937, The Arabs rejected it out of hand.

peel.gif

UN resolution 181 in 1947 was more in Israels favour, not sure of the reasoning behind that but again the arabs rejected the offer, Israel accepted and 24 hours after declaring statehood were invaded by Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq, I believe the Palestinians were quite cross as well.

UN-partition-plan-Palestine-1947.jpg

Sounds about right for the Peel Commission proposal in 1937, The Arabs rejected it out of hand.

peel.gif

UN resolution 181 in 1947 was more in Israels favour, not sure of the reasoning behind that but again the arabs rejected the offer, Israel accepted and 24 hours after declaring statehood were invaded by Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq, I believe the Palestinians were quite cross as well.

You know why it was rejected Nigella.

Sponsored Links
You should read Vinty's post about the 1937 atrocity for one of the reasons why it was rejected.

I did, the Al Bassa massacre by Irish troops against arabs.

Explain one thing to me, the arabs rejected the Peel commission proposals in 1937 because of a massacre that happened in 1938?

Really?

“I argue that Jewish terrorism in the 1940s was both tactically and strategically significant. At the tactical level, Jewish terrorists were able to frustrate British security forces and erode their ability to control Palestine,” wrote David A. Charters, professor of military history and senior fellow of the Gregg Centre for Study of War and Society at the University of New Brunswick, Canada.

TRTworld.com

The Irgun had peeled off from the political Zionist movements in the 1930s to deal out precise and focused terror attacks against Arab and British civilians and British troops. Its model was the IRA, as reorganised by director of intelligence Michael Collins in World War I...

Zionsts = Terrorists.com

List of Irgun attacks on Arabs in Palestine.

UN resolution 181 in 1947
The plan was celebrated by most Jews in Palestine[12] and reluctantly[13] accepted by the Jewish Agency for Palestine with misgivings.[14][8] Zionist leaders viewed the acceptance of the plan as a tactical step and a stepping stone to future territorial expansion over all of Palestine.

Which also mentions the populations split in the zones and the pesky desert.

Surprisingly Israel has in the past attempted to sort of standardise the variations in their religion but once people head is filled with various ideas it's not easy to shift them. Same for the Palestinians really.

I thought you might like to read the usa comments made at the time of various events hence posting links.

At the tactical level, Jewish terrorists were able to frustrate British security forces and erode their ability to control Palestine,”
The UK applied an arm embargo however an east european country broke it. Plenty of wwii kit around. By the the time 1967 came around the kit was far more capable and Israel made better use of it.

What Ben-Gurion was referring to, of course, was the British Royal Committee of Inquiry headed by Lord Peel (the Peel Commission) which had in fact proposed, in 1937, the partitioning of the Mandate into Jewish and Arab states. It would have divided the Mandate into three parts; leaving a slice for the British, with the Jews receiving a very small autonomous homeland, the Arabs a much larger one, and necessitating an exchange of population involving the transfer of some 225,000 Arabs and 1,250 Jews.

Opposition to the plan, headed by Golda Meir, was expressed at the 20th Zionist Congress, when a group argued the proposed Jewish state was too tiny to absorb the millions of refugees from Europe: better to reject it, they argued, and fight for something better.

The UK applied an arm embargo however an east european country broke it. Plenty of wwii kit around. By the the time 1967 came around the kit was far more capable and Israel made better use of it.

Nigella aka filly is looking for a Nigerian source.

The Jewish people voted in favour of it, please keep yourself historically accurate.
Try practicing what you preach.
Are you referring to a draft plan from the Peel commission, which was rejected by the Palestinians, the Zionists and the British government

From.
Israel: A History, p.88

The 20th Zionist Congress, which convened in Zurich in August 1937, almost UNANIMOUSLY REJECTED the British proposed partition plan of Palestine (which became known as the Peel Commission Partition plan).
Although the proposed Peel Commission's partition plan was rejected because the areas allocated to the "Jewish state" was "too small," the concept of partitioning the country was adopted by the 20th Zionist Congress. Check both maps below :

peel.gif

That plan was rejected by all parties.

Did the Zionists reject the Peel Commission?

The 20th Zionist Congress, which convened in Zurich in August 1937, almost UNANIMOUSLY REJECTED the British proposed partition plan of Palestine (which became known as the Peel Commission Partition plan) (Israel: A History, p. 88, and One Palestine Complete, p. 414).
Although the proposed Peel Commission's partition plan was rejected because the areas allocated to the "Jewish state" was "too small," the concept of partitioning the country was adopted by the 20th Zionist Congress. Check both maps below :

Try practicing what you preach.
Are you referring to a draft plan from the Peel commission, which was rejected by the Palestinians, the Zionists and the British government

From.
Israel: A History, p.88

The 20th Zionist Congress, which convened in Zurich in August 1937, almost UNANIMOUSLY REJECTED the British proposed partition plan of Palestine (which became known as the Peel Commission Partition plan).
I was talking about 1947, and then onwards.

Sponsored Links
Back