GET smart wireless lighting control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks.

Does anyone have any experience of using this stuff?

I've been having a read through the specs and it seems like decent kit, and the controllers look the business too, but I am still a little dubious about quality and reliabilty etc, as it isn't especially cheap stuff if it turns out to be no good.

I'm thinking of getting a controller and receiver just to put in at home to give it a go before I go recommending it to customers.

I'd like to hear of your experiences if you would. :)

Sponsored Links
Never thought I'd be able to help you out for a change!.

Fitted one about 6 months ago - customer delighted with it - but it does take time connecting in the receivers to each table lamp, downlighter etc. Price of the units soon adds up. Load per receiver limited to 350W - not alot when looking at many peoples obsession with downlighters.

Understand that the customer uses it mainly to switch on house lights when arriving home and off from the bedside last thing at night.

One of my wholesalers had a display with CD's to take away that shows the possibilities of the system - more for customers benefit than any half competent electrician looking for any technical information.

GET products are some of the better accessories around - still prefer MK as first choice - but I think Wickes or Homebase own label are GET these days.

Well I picked up a controller and receiver today, and it seems pretty good.

Nice and easy to install and program too.

I even managed to get my local CEF to beat TLC's prices :D

Lets see how long it lasts

Rf Sorry to dig up the post.
Was also thinking of getting one of these.
Was yours ok.

Sponsored Links
Yep, still going strong, with no problems to report

I love it, and if it wasn't so expensive, I'd have it in every room :D

Couldn't you have waited another 3 days to give it a full years test? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back