problems with Get Smart wireless lighting

XRB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a GET wireless lighting system fitted which for several weeks worked fine.

After about 2 months, one of the wall receivers malfunctioned so the lights were permanently on and could not be switch off. The receiver was replaced and for around 6 weeks everything was fine. Then the same thing happened again.

Also, another receiver has started to malfunction. If I turn the lights to full, the lights then can not turn off. If I only turn them on part way, everything is OK. Once the lights have locked on, the only way to turn them off is to switch the circuit off at the junction box and leave it for 10 minutes. Then everything is back to working normally.

I'm sure that there is nothing wrong with the installation. It's fairly simple and it all worked fine for several weeks. And the other 2 receivers (I have 4) have no problems.

Any suggestion on how I can start to track down this rather strange problem - or is the Get Smart lighting system just a bit unreliable.

Thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
Naturally, that was the first thing I tried.

Their email addresses bounce with a redirection to a non-existent address. I have used the on-site contact form but nobody has replied. And I get no answer when I tried the phone number.

I am still trying but I thought I'd have a go at asking some experts.

Have you got the transmitter set properly?

Are you running in dimmer mode or scene setter mode?

What type of lighting have you connected to the receiver?

What is the total load of all the lamps on each receiver?

Sponsored Links
>>Have you got the transmitter set properly?
Everything was working OK for several weeks, so I'm sure the transmitters are set correctly.

>>Are you running in dimmer mode or scene setter mode?
I'm running in scene mode

>>What type of lighting have you connected to the receiver?
On 3 of the receivers I am running a string of 5 12V (MR16) 25W lights with a leading edge transformer.
The other receiver has 2 240V 50W lights (GU10)

What is the total load of all the lamps on each receiver?
100W on one channel, 125W on the others. The maximum on each receiver is 350W.

I'm no expert with these systems you understand. I just have a transmitter and receiver in my bathroom as a trial.

Mine works fine.

When you replaced the faulty receiver, did you reprogramme each scene level?

I'm not really sure how much more help I can offer? It's a shame GET are not more help.

GET have just been bought out by schneider electric so thats prob why your having trouble contacting them.

nick

Hello all,

First time posting good forum this.

How are you getting on with your GET Smart Lighting. I am wanting to put this system in my lounge and possibly my dinning room.

Have you resolved your issue? What was it like to program in the first place? Does anyone else have any comments on the system they care to share.

Thanks

I have a transmitter / receiver in my bathroom.

I've had it about 3 months so far and no problems to report yet.

It was easy to install and setup, and the instructions are pretty clear. (although the mains terminals on the receiver are a bit on the small side)

Not cheap, but a funky bit of kit :D

Hello all,

First time posting good forum this.

How are you getting on with your GET Smart Lighting. I am wanting to put this system in my lounge and possibly my dinning room.

Have you resolved your issue? What was it like to program in the first place? Does anyone else have any comments on the system they care to share.

Thanks

I haven't got to the bottom of the problem. The installation has been checked by an independent party and it all seems to be OK.

I've replaced one of the faulty receivers and I'll see what happens. If I get another failure, I'll probably look for an alternative system.

I'm got the same issue, 2 recievers each connected to 4 12v 30w. Worked perfectly for a couple of months but in the last week one of them started playing up, not turning off first time, now it's stuck on all the time. I've emailed "get" and they said send it back to where i bought it for a replacement. so just waiting for confirmation of returns procedure for theinternetswitchstore.

Just thankful that those things fit through the holes for the downlighters at I'd just fully replastered my ceiling and would have not been happy if i couldn't get it out!

anyone had any insight in to what goes wrong or what the cause could be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back