Light and extractor fan won’t run together when operated by new kinetic switch?

My question: Once you have removed the pull switch and got the wifi switch working, how are you intending to operate the bathroom light?

Sponsored Links
I really don't know how you think that:

is the same as this

Restore the 2 wires arrowed green, disconnect the 2 wires arrowed red:

Then add the brown, black and grey that EFL showed.
This is it! This worked. As my username suggests I’m not the brightest when it comes to this. A million thank yous. EFLs explanation confused me a little.

I’ve electric taped off the wires that don’t connect anywhere anymore but it’s probably best to put a small connector block on each(?)
My question: Once you have removed the pull switch and got the wifi switch working, how are you intending to operate the bathroom light?

There is a kinetic switch that pairs with the receiver. Everything now works well including the extractor fan on the timer.

Have tried the yellow wire instead of the black with red sleeve.
Not instead as well. The fan to get run on needs two supplies, one is un-switched, the other is switched, so the un-switched powers the fan, and the switched triggers the fan. Without this one can't get the 15 minutes run on required with a non opening window or no window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back