GET

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all we have had a GET smart/wireless lighting system installed in our kitchen, it was fitted as part of the extension we had. Been in for about 10 years now, one of the ceiling transformers that controls lights over the island will not work, its always on and will not switch off by the the wireless switch. ive tried changing the battery in the remote, still no luck. the remote still controls other lights on and off.

I've found out that GET no longer make the version we have, there is a newer version and its not backwards compatible.

this is the version we have GET system

I've managed to change the bulbs for phillips hue smart bulbs, so i have a way of turning the lights off and on but its by the app or by a set schedule. Not ideal but it works.

Question for you experienced people. What do i do now, don't want to change the whole system as the other zones all work fine, and i guess somewhere down the line they will bring out another version which is not compatible again.

Can i revert back to a normal light switch, and transformers altogether. I'm assuming I cant fit normal switch as there are no wires back to the wireless switch on the wall.

GET wireless

Sponsored Links
There are wireless switches, kinetic is a good example, but also remote controls, and the one we have for zigbee has key hole slots so can be attached to the wall.

I have a zigbee relay but in your case smart bulbs likely do the same thing.

There are wireless switches, kinetic is a good example, but also remote controls, and the one we have for zigbee has key hole slots so can be attached to the wall.

I have a zigbee relay but in your case smart bulbs likely do the same thing.

its the transfomer which im assuming has broken as it wont switch off, can you swap out transformers for others and they still work, is there a generic wireless transformer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back