Phillips Hue ceiling light wiring

Therefore, the fact that all these changes need to be made mean that things being "simpler" is a benefit
So disconnecting cables, removing switches, filling in the holes where they were, etc, is simpler than leaving everything as it is. OK.

>>You think that EFLI, Bernard and I have said what we have in order to sow discord by starting a quarrel or to upset you by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking you into an emotional response for our own amusement.

Some of the comments were entirely unnecessary. So yes, I do.
Then you are hard of thinking.

Sponsored Links
So what happens in a few years when you decide to move and sell the flat and the new owner wants ordinary lights and switches?

He may find it more difficult to sell, or he may have to re-instate.

Or he might find that the buyer doesn't notice until it is too late.

But as long as people are aware of any potential problems in the future, they should do what they want to their houses, and accept the problems of which they are aware, unless they have embarked on a programme of buying, doing-up, selling soon after, repeat.

People here have pointed out what they think are drawbacks, or flawed reasoning, in the OP's plans, not to score points, but because there's always a chance that he might have said "ooh - hadn't thought about that". Imagine, for example, someone who didn't know how a loop-at-the-switch lighting circuit was wired casually deciding to disconnect cables, remove switches and plaster over the holes.

And I don't know about EFLI and Bernard, but I don't appreciate being accused of deliberately trying to start an argument and upset someone for my own fun simply because they disagree with what I perceive as drawbacks or flawed reasoning.

Sponsored Links
So what happens in a few years when you decide to move and sell the flat and the new owner wants ordinary lights and switches?
I have to say that when (albeit not recently), I have been 'house hunting', I don't think I ever asked about, or experimented to find out about, how the lights were controlled. Of course, those with fancy/gimmicky technology might try to use it as a 'selling point'!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back