Light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a double 2-way light switch. I've installed phillips hue bulbs and want to blank out the switches with a blanking panel and then mount wireless Philips switch on the blanking panel. I can mount the wireless switch over the switch using an adaptor but this makes it a little too bulky. Can I use terminal blocks to wire the wires inside so that the bulb is wired to always be on? If so how would I do it as it's two way. I have L1, L2 and common on both ends of the switch

Sponsored Links
Post photos of the wiring to the switch

Do you plan to blank off the other switch(es) at the other end of the 2-way circuit?

Post photos of the wiring to the switch

Do you plan to blank off the other switch(es) at the other end of the 2-way circuit?

Not at home at the moment to get a pic, will post later. Yes I plan to blank off both ends of the switch. From what I remember both ends of the switch have Common, L1 and L2 wired up. From what I understand if i'm not mistaken, the L1 and L2 will be wires running between the two switches and the Common on on switch will be to the light bulb fixture itself and the common on the other switch will be a Live wire right.

So from my understanding, assuming L1 is L1 on both ends, technically if I just put a terminal block to link common and L1 together on both ends of the switch that would mean the live wire feed to the bulb is always on and the L2 wire just becomes redundant right?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back