Getting a football strip clean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife for her sins agreed to wash her teams football kit, but she cannot seem to get it clean, this is what she has tried.
Soak the muddy kit for 48 hours in cold water in a large black bin which has washing powder and soda crystals in it , remove kit hose it down with cold water then put it into the washing machine on a 30 degree wash, but the kit never comes up clean.
anyone here know how she can get the kit cleaner? or which products are best for getting the kit cleaned?

Sponsored Links
doesn't cold solidify things? :eek: surely you need some heat or the latest oxygen cleaners?

Lesson here, never wash a womens teams uniforms.
They will all make nasty comments.

The wife was advised by a girl who works in a local laundry not to use hot water while soaking or washing as the hot water will only bake the mud on to the material even harder.
She used hot water to dissolve the washing powder and soda crystals in the black bin than adds more cold water before soaking the kit.

Sponsored Links
The wife was advised by a girl who works in a local laundry not to use hot water while soaking or washing as the hot water will only bake the mud on to the material even harder.
She used hot water to dissolve the washing powder and soda crystals in the black bin than adds more cold water before soaking the kit.

Jeez !! i'm well out of my depth on this post.... several backwards steps taken... good luck!!! ;)

once the kit has been washed at 30 to physically dislodge the mud, wash again at 60 with bleach maybe.

Cold water certainly sets bloodstains; I don't know how violent women's football gets.

Thanks for your posts,
The wife has the white shorts soaking in a large bucket of cold water with soda crystals, fingers crossed. the crystals were dissolved in warm water first.

Just wash out the mud when home and then machine wash it.
It is not rocket science.

Oh yeah, 5 under 11 teams experience.

Your problem is they were left muddy for a few days, hence the panic.

Alarm
The kit is soaked as soon as the wife gets home from football, i have just washed a pair of the dirty shorts that were soaking in soda crystals and they have come up looking like new, hopefully the remaining shorts wash okay, will let you all know.

Always found washing the kit the day you got home worked for me.
As I said 5 under 11 teams and my own adult side ( Killing Fields, oops Sunday League, too old for Saturday league :D).

Sponsored Links
Back