Getting hot water upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!
I have a bathroom down stairs (ground floor) and the hot water is heated via a boiler to a water cylinder (indirect) so it also heats the radiators. The boiler and the cylinder are also on the ground floor and the tank is in the loft area. I want to install a electric shower, toilet and basin upstairs. So I need hot water for the basin. would I be able to run the hot from the pipework in the bathroom down stairs to feed a basin upstairs??? will there be enough pressure????

Sponsored Links
its the cws tank in loft that gives you your head so forget the first floor, then its just the same as a convensional house.

Sponsored Links
why do you need a pump to get it upstairs ?
when your cylinder is ground floor and cws is in loft.

Change the hot-water cylinder for a un-vented type and do away with the CWS tank. Problem solved.

sorry seco services I am a bit confussed! The first message says forget the first floor, then you ask why do I need a pump?

loft you have cws tank
ground floor you have cylinder
you want bathroom in middle, anywhere between the cylinder base and the cws tank in loft you can have hot water supplied from you cylinder by gravity because your cws tank supplies the cylinder with water.
and its the cws tank that gives you your head.

That's a pathetic question.

The OP has a problem, which is that the path for the hot water is too restrictive, and the flow on the 1st floor is poor.

breakwater8, a pump is a perfectly fine way of solving your problem. The best location for it is at the base on the hot water cylinder.

Your alternative is to track down the reason for the flow being poor. This might involve replacing some or all of the pipework.

That's a pathetic question.

The OP has a problem, which is that the path for the hot water is too restrictive, and the flow on the 1st floor is poor.

breakwater8, a pump is a perfectly fine way of solving your problem. The best location for it is at the base on the hot water cylinder.

Your alternative is to track down the reason for the flow being poor. This might involve replacing some or all of the pipework.

your pathetic but thats besides the point

who said he had a flow problem and the first floor is poor ?
he's not even installed any basin or toilet yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back