Getting one back on the distributors - very useful info..

[
Ok, fair enough. It has however occured to me that in a "non PME" area, it only takes one household to have an un-noticed neutral-earth fault on the consumer side (and I've come across a fair few N-E in even my limited experience on the non RCD side of split loaders) to create their own "TN-C-C (and I suppose also to all those connected to the same main, all via his RFC CPC !!
It just brings into question the validity of a given earthing system....

Any takers ? PME seems to be topic of the moment, but the DNO's seem very slack over the whole issue. Is this because they are unprofessional or doesn't it actually matter (I'm being deliberately provocative here)

Sponsored Links
In my experience the DNO helplines consist of a small minority of knowledgeable engineers who can never be got hold of who might occasionally give you the information you require and a load of operators who havn't got a clue about anything a probably don't want to know because their pay is so carp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back