Getting paid on completion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wouldnt it be nice if the manufacturers built an activation code into new boilers so that the installer could input when cleared funds were received and the boiler would operate?

Sponsored Links
I usually padlock myself onto the boiler until the customer pays

“Help, I have a leak/no CH/no DHW” = URGENT!!!

“Paying for you for sorting it out” =
NOT URGENT

:mad:

Sponsored Links
Great thing about having a card machine, no excuses for not paying immediately on completion

Even though we've never had any past dealings, you can send me an invoice and trust me to pay up on time/ever.

People would be selling code crackers or generated codes on eBay

Great thing about having a card machine, no excuses for not paying immediately on completion
You never had the old "My husband pays all the bills" or "My Ex husband is paying" ?

You never had the old "My husband pays all the bills" or "My Ex husband is paying" ?

I make it fairly clear over the phone that it's payment immediately on completion, make sure whoever is paying the bill is on site, same for landlords etc.

I make it fairly clear over the phone that it's payment immediately on completion, make sure whoever is paying the bill is on site, same for landlords etc.
So do we but now and then you get one who has an excuse the moment you ask for payment.

Speaking from a consumer standpoint I always pay a couple days after I like to see what I'm paying for actually works correctly for a couple day's without hiccup before I pay.

I also find it funny. You trades people want paying straight away and are obviously ****ed if it isn't judging on the comments yet from my experience if your works shoddy or needs attention down the line after payment your a pain in the arse to get hold of and rude when reluctantly, if at all you ever get back in touch to rectify. Not nearly as urgent to rectify as you are to get your payment to say the least.

God forbid someone wants a couple days to see your work in action before payment.

Swings and roundabouts eh trades.

Speaking from a consumer standpoint I always pay a couple days after I like to see what I'm paying for actually works correctly for a couple day's without hiccup before I pay.

I also find it funny. You trades people want paying straight away and are obviously ****ed if it isn't judging on the comments yet from my experience if your works shoddy or needs attention down the line after payment your a pain in the arse to get hold of and rude when reluctantly, if at all you ever get back in touch to rectify. Not nearly as urgent to rectify as you are to get your payment to say the least.

God forbid someone wants a couple days to see your work in action before payment.

Swings and roundabouts eh trades.
You tried that approach when buying a second hand car for example.

You tried that approach when buying a second hand car for example.

That would be sold as seen obviously. A new car, I can take that for a test drive without payment no problems. Almost like testing your boiler installation works before payment. You could argue I can't test run TVs, cookers, washing machines etc but it's having the confidence paying upfront knowing that if buying from Amazon for example if there were any problems they'd be instantly rectified within warranty obviously.

From my experience with tradesmen theyre not nearly as urgent to rectify any problems as wanting payment upfront. If they were consumers would have more faith in paying upfront. I personally think a couple days isn't to much time to wait. If your confident in your work you should be confident the payment will come.

I'm not speaking personally regards any of you guys you may be very reliable tradesmen but I've had a few duff ones over the years.

Last edited:
It's coming across personally but I don't mean to offend. From my experience with tradesmen theyre not nearly as urgent to rectify any problems as wanting payment upfront. If they were consumers would have more faith in paying upfront.
It was coming across like that, then I took a quick scan at a few of your previous posts and perhaps you`ve been unlucky with your choice`s or the way you`ve made those choices. If a customer is unhappy we move heaven & earth to go back within 36hrs but that`s just us and the way we operate which means we don`t have to advertise too much and get word of mouth recommendations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back