Getting paint off bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have painted my fence and splattered paint in various places on the brick decking and brick floor.

I have tried using my pressure washer which does nothing apart from clean the bricks around the paint even with detergent. My next thought is to scrub in some paint stripper with a wire brush but I need litres of paint stripper so not a cheap option but if it works then I don't mind, any other suggestions would be useful

Matt

Sponsored Links
I would have thought a proper steam cleaner would shift it, but maybe not. Have you plenty of pressure, try one of those booster nozzles?

If you try painting on acid based stripper on a test brick, washing off with the washer as you go. You might have to apply the stripper on the whole brick to ensure the brick dries out all the one colour, not patchy.

Use a safety kit with the stripper

Sponsored Links
Thats a novel idea. I have a hand held gas torch thingie in the shed somewhere, I'll try that although the drips are quite near to the wooden fence.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back