Getting the right laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at my current laminate and colour of door thresholds, should I go for a certain colour for new laminate ? I might just practice first over the top of old stuff (and I've never done it by
myself before) and if it goes well do the lot?

If I rip up the old laminate, can I easily put it back?

The guy in the flat below me moved out because of all the noise. One issue was walking on the laminate. Can I get a really thick underlay?

I'll order this from Wickes click and collect
20200329_150447.jpg
20200329_150437.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looking at what you have, it looks like it’s been laid and then the skirting had been fitted. You’ll have to remove the skirting to get it up.

Sponsored Links
Looking at what you have, it looks like it’s been laid and then the skirting had been fitted. You’ll have to remove the skirting to get it up.
So just lever it off then glue back on?

I spoke about good underlay and was told gold underlay reduces the sound by 20 db . Hopefully the flat will be better off

So just lever it off then glue back on?
It may be screwed on. You’ll just have to do whatever it needs to get it off. They’ll probably be a bit of making good to the wall paper when it goes back on, especially if the overall thickness of your new boards and underlay are less than the original.

It may be screwed on. You’ll just have to do whatever it needs to get it off. They’ll probably be a bit of making good to the wall paper when it goes back on, especially if the overall thickness of your new boards and underlay are less than the original.

I'll try and prise it off gently and get the same thickness of laminate. If not, I'll have to re-paint the walls I guess
15857404132422705166942877967309.jpg

This is the soundproof underlay I wanted to use-

https://www.ukflooringdirect.co.uk/search?keywords=Gold underlay

I heard balerio is a good make or quick step. Gonna use them. I guess choose a colour similar to the current one . This is partly just for my practice laying it. Also, for sound insulation for flat below.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back