Gillian McKeith - dubious claims?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know this woman - doing you are what you eat on C4.

She has allegedly bought a PhD off the net and calls herself Dr.

Well, she says that bread and sugar combine in the gut and ferment.

Does this make scientific sense?

I mean, surely the yeast is killed off by baking, so is inactive and cannot ferment again.

She also says if you have "fissures" on your tongue you are deficient in B group, but my Dentist says fissures are normal, as I thought they were.

I want to see her put her money where her r*ngpiece is and have all the tests she puts her victims through, including looking at her tongue...

Any comments?

Sponsored Links
I haven't seen this programme, but she does sound like a sheister.

There are natural yeasts living in the human body, the most common being candida. This lives in your mouth and your colon, but is only found in the stomach if there is something wrong with you. I doubt any yeast would survive the acid conditions of the stomach. So even if the yeast in bread DID survive the baking process, you are unlikely to get fermentation in the stomach.

I should think fissures in your tongue are perfectly normal, it isn't a smooth piece of tissue. Saying that they are caused by Vitamin B deficiency is like saying "a wrinkly scrote is a sign that you have Herpes!"

ive seen this woman in action on the program

in my oppinion she is dangerous she seems to make it
up as she goes along
she talks some common sense
like to much fats and sugar are bad for you
she goes on about handbag full of compacted pooo
trapped in your gut
that realy makes a differance to the punters

and whats colonic irrigation all about
just what you need when eating your supper :mad: :mad: :mad:

in my oppinion most of the c r * p comes out of her mouth

big all [supper less :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ]

I agree she talks a lot or cr**. Stick with what the dentist told you who's seen a hell of a lot more tongues than she has. That tongue diagnosis business is straight out of the old chinese alternative medicine handbook and definately doesn't stand up to scientific proof.
As for fermentation in the stomach, well the pH is about 1-3 and most micro organisms don't survive. However if she's basing this on the basic definition of fermentation as the breakdown of complex molecules into smaller ones by the action of enzymes in the absence of oxygen, then she's correct as most of digestion happens in this way. However I don't think that's what she is alluding to. I suspect she's trying to talk about fermentation in the large intestine by the normal gut microorganisms that live there. These produce some essential nutrients and of course your ever lovable methane and hydrogen sulphide. :D. These are necessary reactions for the body. Indeed fermentation happens all over the body during anaerobic metabolism of glucose to pyruvate to produce the energy that you need for those sprint finishes.
Basically she talks out of her ar*e but I suppose the point of the program is sound in that most people coudl improve their lives by improving their diet. Just can't stand her patronising condescension and wonder how they put up with her.

Sponsored Links
What would it take for you to go in front of x million viewers to be seen with a tube stuck up your arse?

Most of the people on there have the same problem, they've only got one a**ehole!

Back