RECOGNIZING A STROKE

OK, Being a belligerent doc n hospital hating fella, I'll make an appointment tomorrow a.m.

Sponsored Links
you know it makes sense, then you can divulge to us what your doctor said,we promise not to take the mick...:cool:

OK, Being a belligerent doc n hospital hating fella, I'll make an appointment tomorrow a.m.

Go to casualty you daft bugger. If you've got numbness down one side of your face you need to be seen. Who knows what is going on but you need a few quick tests.

What kind of doctor are you chappy that can't recognise those symptoms?

Sponsored Links
I must confess, i do occasionally get very dizzy and feel as if i am going to black out so to speak, it happens every time i get a lob on..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What kind of doctor are you chappy that can't recognise those symptoms?

Well Joe, if you came in with a numb face it would be cos you'd had a good kicking for being an annoying twot.

I had to go to the GP for a check for enlarged prostate a few months ago (those of you who have had one will know what it entails). I was told that only male doctors do this at the practice.

Given the chance, I think I'd have preferred a female doctor.

Doctors can't pick and choose what they do, only the patient can do that.

Can you imagine a bloke doctor refusing to give a young woman an internal?

Good advice even if it is in the US

Whilst were on the subject of stuff going wrong, if you think you are having a heart attack, breathe in deep and exhale by doing one single cough. It shocks the heart and helps. Just keep doing this till medical help arrives.

Remember. :)

Good advice even if it is in the US

Whilst were on the subject of stuff going wrong, if you think you are having a heart attack, breathe in deep and exhale by doing one single cough. It shocks the heart and helps. Just keep doing this till medical help arrives.

Remember. :)

That sir is quite possibly the worst bit of advise anyone could give. I guess you've not had one yet?

Firstly, you wont have the energy to 'cough vigorously'. Secondly, there is no evidence to suggest 'self CPR' works. If 'reversing' a heart rhythm during a heart attack was as easy as coughing, then we would need no meds or defribillators.

Doesn't do any harm to cough violently. It could stop a funny heartbeat which probably wouldn't kill you anyway, it's not going to give any meaningful blood flow. But no harm in doing it and might on a rare occasion be useful.

Just an update on my last post here.

Being a belligerent pig headed fella. Told my partner this a.m. when she got home from work. Ambulance on its way.

Sponsored Links
Back