GINGER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently only 4 % of the worlds population have ginger hair and the the ginger gene is regressive. Which means if it encounters a more prominent hair gene it will not show. Scientists predict that in 50 years gingers will be extinct. My argument is what will Twiglets do for their odour!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i dissagree with the 50 years bit, Chis Evans will still be here then :cry:

dont think so he will be 123 then and smelling of bus stops!!!!!!! :LOL:

so you are saying that if Chris Evans will be 123 in 50 years time he is now 73, i dont think so

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
so you are saying that if Chris Evans will be 123 in 50 years time he is now 73, i dont think so
Humour is a wonderful thing. Get a bit :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL:

humour only works when the facts appear to be correct, yours were not, thpugh i do agree with the bust stops

breezer said:
humour only works when the facts appear to be correct, yours were not, thpugh i do agree with the bust stops

You are hard work breezer :rolleyes:

jasy said:
Apparently only 4 % of the worlds population have ginger hair and the the ginger gene is regressive. Which means if it encounters a more prominent hair gene it will not show. Scientists predict that in 50 years gingers will be extinct. My argument is what will Twiglets do for their odour!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

So what you are saying is, if gingers won't die out for 50 years, then it is at least 50 years before the liberal democrat party will be a significant political force? ;)

Hereditary hair colour is a funny thing. You see quite a lot of blond children and very few naturally blond adults. It is quite common for people's hair to go darker when they reach adolescence. I was a full-on blond until I was 14, now it is more of a mousey brown.

Perhaps gingerness goes the same way?

Once had a firey, part Welsh, long, long ginger / blonde haired, head turning, pelmet wearing, long legged girlfriend ... Cheers Del' ..... Great girl, fab hair in the open sportscar ..... Woo flaming Hoo !!
:D :D :D :D

So why do they predict it will be extinct? Is someone going round shooting ginger haired people? It may not show in you because you only have one ginger gene, but just watch out when you start mating with someone who also has just one.

I remember seeing a program about hair. It said that some people have mixed hair of more than one colour. And all the hairs of one colour can fall out at a completely diferent time to the other lot, meaning your hair changes colour in later life.

Blond hair becoming darker as a teenager is quite the rule in some eastern European countries.

pipme said:
Once had a firey, part Welsh, long, long ginger / blonde haired, head turning, pelmet wearing, long legged girlfriend ... Cheers Del' ..... Great girl, fab hair in the open sportscar ..... Woo flaming Hoo !!

ditto mate

albeit a long time ago straight six e type ;)
barstard to do the valve clearences :LOL:

gee jasy, this is really a very important point. You may consider that ginger hair is regressive. I think an important phenotype like this which only shows when the relevant recessive allele is matched with another similar in a heterozygous environment deserves careful discussion.

kevplumb said:
pipme said:

ditto mate

albeit a long time ago straight six e type ;)
barstard to do the valve clearences :LOL:

Yeah I had a short flirtation with a Triumph GT6 at the close of my sportscar days ... Not the same as an open sports. Neither matched firey in or out of her pelmet (skirt)... Geronimowwww !
Do it all again too, given half a chance !
Perhaps we should start a thread on old flames !! Then, maybe not ! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back