Covid mortality predictor

Sponsored Links
Let me get this straight.

The US has 226,000,000 obese people (68%) it has 532,000 deaths - 1,600 per million of total population.
The UK has 43,000,000 obese people (63.7%) it has 123,000 deaths - 1,800 per million.
Viet Nam (the report does not state the proportion of obese people; just second lowest) has 35 deaths - 0.4 per million.

Yet we cannot assume that all of the deaths (obviously with a few exceptions) are obese people.

So, unless we know the number of deaths for obese and not-obese people, what can we deduce from the report?

In other words; what is the point of it?

Another report states that in the UK 60% of the deaths were disabled people (some of whom presumably were obese).

Can thin able-bodied people feel a bit safer, or not?

Last edited:

Absolutely, especially if they are young..........(y)

This should be of interest to you.....ONS figures for excess deaths 2020........https://blog.ons.gov.uk/2021/01/12/counting-deaths-involving-coronavirus-a-year-in-review/

I quote.....

"Finally, there’s the total death count. Looking at the calendar year – deaths registered between 1st January to 31st December1 – 2020 had the second highest number of death registrations. The provisional number of 608,002 deaths is only lower than 1918, the year of the Spanish flu (deaths from conflicts overseas are not included), which saw 611,861 deaths. These are the only two years since our time series began in 1838 to have more than 600,000 deaths registered."

To make you worry and obey. here's a little advice
fear.png

Sponsored Links
The country with the fourth highest covid deaths per million rate has more double-decker buses than anywhere else in the world.

double-decker buses

and is there a clear pattern across other countries with large numbers of double-decker buses?

and a clear diifference from other countries with small numbers of double-decker buses?

This should be of interest to you.....ONS figures for excess deaths 2020........https://blog.ons.gov.uk/2021/01/12/counting-deaths-involving-coronavirus-a-year-in-review/

I quote.....

"Finally, there’s the total death count. Looking at the calendar year – deaths registered between 1st January to 31st December1 – 2020 had the second highest number of death registrations. The provisional number of 608,002 deaths is only lower than 1918, the year of the Spanish flu (deaths from conflicts overseas are not included), which saw 611,861 deaths. These are the only two years since our time series began in 1838 to have more than 600,000 deaths registered."
Yes, thank you.

It is clear from that that other statistics must be wrong.

However, 608,000 is a lot less than the recent BBC article (697,000) posted by JohnD -

and the 76,000 excess lower and a lot less than the elsewhere stated covid deaths.

True, but some on here seem to get off by slagging off the UK.
What is with some people? You're not allowed to criticise the UK government because if you do, you're either anti-UK or you're just slagging them off.
Well, the whole of the opposition must be anti-UK, and just slagging off the government. :rolleyes:
I genuinely believe that they were slow off the mark, previous mistakes came back to haunt them, they made several silly errors and U turns, and the only thing that's saved their bacon is the roll out of the vaccines.
Even then, we don't know how much has been spent on investing in vaccines that came to nought.
Additionally, they've supported some who broke the trust of the public, even if they didn't overtly break the restrictions rules.

Let me get this straight.

So, unless we know the number of deaths for obese and not-obese people, what can we deduce from the report?

Another report states that in the UK 60% of the deaths were disabled people (some of whom presumably were obese).

Don't be silly. Youre trying to do the wrong thing with this report. It's like taking the chances of being stuck and killed by lightning per country and then trying to work out if it's going to rain this afternoon. Just completely missing the point.

Stop assuming you know what the report means and start again afresh.

Tell us what it means, then.

If it is significant that many are obese then it must be those who are dying or it would be irrelevant.

However, 608,000 is a lot less than the recent BBC article (697,000) posted by JohnD

608,002 deaths
death registrations in England and Wales
https://blog.ons.gov.uk/2021/01/12/counting-deaths-involving-coronavirus-a-year-in-review/

I agree that 608 is not the same as 697

I'm sure you will agree that England and Wales is not the same as UK.

1. Last year saw the largest increase in UK deaths in a single year since 1940, according to provisional ONS figures
  2. In 2020, nearly 697,000 deaths were registered, compared with an average of nearly 606,000 each year between 2015 and 2019
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-55629330/page/2

The ONS link is much more informative and thorough.

I have no interest in prolonging this discussion.

It's not just me though, more and more are questioning ...

That doesn't mean they are right. More and more people think aliens exist, usually after watching X Files. More people thing ghosts exist, after watching Supernatural.
As we build up to the next world cup, more and more people will think England can win.

The more people talk about things, the more people start to believe they are true. Nobody in the scientific community thinks any of the nonsense about covid really being flu, or people not really dying of covid. Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

Sponsored Links
Back