Gland for kitchen mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have slight leak from spout of kitchen mixer tap. Checked washer and gland and seem ok. Was going to replace both glands but uncertain as to correct type. The tap was supplied by Magnet and us a Schock Viola BLK 1.5.

I note the main variations to B&Q products are spline and 1/4, 1/2 turn wtc.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1924.jpeg
    IMG_1924.jpeg
    465.2 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
Many thanks. Wouldn’t I get away with one of the universal £5 ones from B&Q? (Just had the query about the “spline” size?

Cheers

Take cartridge and handle to your favoured merchant and hope to get lucky.

95% of the time one or other of the screwfix range will work.

Sponsored Links
Just a thought. Isn’t the only downside of taking old gland/cover to B&Q that toilet will be out of commission?

Just a thought. Isn’t the only downside of taking old gland/cover to B&Q that toilet will be out of commission?

A good opportunity, to add an inline isolation valve. I made a point of adding such valves, on most of my services, when ever they have needed any attention.

Thanks. I think we may have one, but er indoors filled cupboard under sink to such an extent, I’m not sure. Will have a hunt around later

Hi again. Is this the isolator for the sink?

Guess I use screwdriver to turn clockwise?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1932.jpeg
    IMG_1932.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 33
1. It is an isolation valve. Not a particularly good quality one.
2. Presumably there is also one for the other tap.
3. If the screwdriver slot is in-line with the pipe, the valve is open.
4. If the screwdriver slot is at right angles to the pipe, the valve is closed.
5. They are generally 1/4 turn from open to closed.
6. They may turn 90 degrees either way.

Thanks. I’m out now so will check later. Slot seemed to turn a fair distance clockwise. Guess it was just alternating on and off positions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back