glass block window

Reaction score
Country
United States
Silicone used to put in my new glass block window is now turning brown in corners. Help

Sponsored Links
Where is it situated? (the wall I mean)

Sponsored Links
Could well be a fungal/mould issue which is due to water ingress and/or poor ventilation inside the bathroom. Did you use an anti-fungal sealant? Was it a major brand or one of the cheaper versions?

There are anti-mould/fungal sprays which MAY help if the issue hasn't penetrated deeply enough but it may require cutting out the offending areas and re-sealing with the proper stuff.

As an aside, you will need to sort any possible ventilation issues out if you have them because fungal/mould growth will re-occur even with the proper gear if you don't.

It was a bathroom remodel. They installed a new exhaust fan/does a great job. They were going to use mortar, but would not fit in size of window removed. Not sure what brand of silicone was used. I've got a call into company that did remodel now. Thanks for the info on the anti mold/fungal spray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back