Glass Splash Back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully I have found the right section for this!?

I am about to have a glass splashback delivered today and I am going to install it myself.

I am after any advice, best practices etc that I should be aware of when I install.

It's safety glass which has been painted on the reverse. I am going to be using adhesive to fix it to the wall, not counter sunk screws.

Thanks in advance of your knowledge.

Sponsored Links
For those who use the search function and find this post in the future: -

I used sugar soap on the walls to remove any old grease etc. The adhesive I used did not need a rough surface to apply to, so the smooth plastered surface was fine.

I sanded back high spots on the plaster so that I got a nice tight finish.

I applied the adhesive on the walls about 1" away from the edge of the splashback and in 100mm spacings in a verticle / horizontal fashion. Pushed the glass into position and applied a decent amount of pressure (I heard air tying to escape when I pushed into it). Left it for 24 hours to set before I applied a clear silicon to seal the edges in.

The splashback needed dead load supporting, so it must be able to rest against a base of some sort. Mine happened to be my worktop / cooker back plate.

Took no time at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back