Glass Splashback

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently bought a black glass splashback and was advised to stick it to the wall using non-acetone silicone.

I bought some water based silicone (black) and applied it all over the back and on the wall.
I supported the splashback with a baton and left it overnight.

The walls were primed with a good coating of PVA.

I am very worried that the adhesive qualities will not be strong enough since at the same time I stuck a piece of plastic to wall.

This morning the plastic was easily pulled of the wall.

Any experience with non-acetone silicone in this use would help. I have had a good look on the internet and can't find out alot.

It is hard to test whether it has really taken.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
was it the manufacturer that advised you to use the silicone,if so then this will be correct..

there are many types of glass tiles out there and many differant ways to fix them,if you just follow m.i. or call them they will advise you on best product to use.

Thanks for that.

I stuck a piece of wood next to the splashback and after12 hours I just peeled it off easy.

I did it again and left it 24 hours and then is stuck fast.

I was just too impatient - it seems to be okay.
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back