gledhill boilermate 2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.

my gledhill boilermate 2000 is playing up.
when calling for hot water, either shower, bath, or kitchen, hot water flows for a few seconds then goes cold, then goes back hot, then cold !

just spent a few moments havng a look for anything loose in the gledhill unit and found all seemed ok. (connections etc)

what i did notice though was the hot water out pipe from the gledhill was going hot and cold. Also the pipe going out of the heat exchanger and into the unit was also going hot and cold !

does this indicate a faulty heat exchanger or could it be something else ?

Many thanks in advance !

Andy...................

Sponsored Links
Gledhill = sludge problems, nearly always.
WOULD cause your problem
Get it cleaned out and corrosion inhibited.

many thanks for fast reply !

also noted that the red LED on the PCB came on to red when the hot water was being called for, BUT it kept going out and then coming back on every twenty seconds or so.

is this normal or could it indicate a further problem ?

Many thanks,

Andy...................

Sponsored Links
The most common fault that cause this is the sensor on the plate HE.

I awlays replace this along with the return sensor, as these sensors are both unreliable.

Yon can get a basic check of the sensors by following the instruction book and pressing SW1 & SW2 in the correct order. You may get an ER displayed.

You could also check the DHW pump is running on HW demand and look to see if the HW demand 'dash' is lit on the display when there is a HW demand

If after changing the sensors the fault remains, then it could be the acb, but as these cost an arm and a leg, check sensors first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back