Gledhill replacement cost check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. My systemmate 2000 isnt repairable as main tank inside has burst. I have a quote to replace with boilermate bp 185 - £2,700 to remove old, install new.

Rough quote breakdown from them is:-

£1000 for the unit
£800 for 2 men for 2 days
£650 for additional parts & pumps etc...
£300 for "y plan" or something I don't understand yet

Does anyone see anything really unreasonable here?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Better to get three quotes and they can be compared.

After having problems a few times with this, and the amount of people over the years who refuse to touch them, or the amount who looked and said "sorry can't help", I am nervous about asking someone other than gledhill to do the work.

What if someone is tempted by the big job aspect and "has a go"???

Also, maybe it's a bit worse as I am in Scotland...even Gledhill only have 1 engineer who covers whole of Scotland.

Really looking for some advice on where the quote I have might look excessive as I have never really had to pay tradespeople in my life so far (luckily), but this is is on a different scale than all the wee jobs I have done myself over the years

Sponsored Links
Got a quote for valiant unvented cylinder...now down at £1,550!!!!

This is definitely the way I am going to go.

Also, looking at the Gledhill quote again I am pretty sure I was being seriously ripped off. For example found the unit itself in many different sites for around £700 to £800 and was being charged £1,000...too much of a mark up considering they are the manufacturer

Back