Thermal Store/Solar/Heating advice

It gets even worse in London. I have heard, and experienced, an engineer going and specifying a system and giving a quote only to find the customer then gets the same system installed for less by an unregistered East European !
Tony

That was me Tony. I didn't get a penny for it either. I'm not bitter, but i hope his pipes block up and boiler keeps breaking down :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Agile, I'm not sure what your beef is. All you've done is whinge about free work and your still making incorrect statements. Yes I'm not coming to you for quotes (you live 160 miles away!), your not coming round on a freebie, I get that, I really get that. I can live with that, so you can relax now.

It would appear on the face of it anyway you don't have experience of my requirement (i'm really not sure) or have chosen not to make any none emotional technical input, and just complain all the time. Well fine, then give the lectures a rest please. There's really no point because you have it all wrong and you have me wrong. Unfortunately there are many of your type about, but fortunately not everyone, and some are actually very helpful.
I'm a genuine customer who is merely trying to get a job done, its my choice how I go about it. And if I found someone who managed to design, spec and quote the whole job accurately over the phone then great, but that hasn't happened, and one actually stated they really need to take a look, especially for the solar aspect, pipe runs (no loft) and the limited space I have for a tank. If they then decide to add a charge to the quote for the visit, then thats fine by me. My priority is to get the right solution.

Icgs, they are not that local actually, but both have work in this area over the coming weeks and were happy to take a look and propose a solution. I wouldn't expect anyone to make a long journey for nothing.

I have concluded that there are two options on how to provide a solution to your requirements.

I am happy to give advice in the likely cause of simple boiler/heating because its a relaxing pastime like doing a crossword with cryptic clues.

However, I expect to get paid for system design or visits either just for the advice or by doing the job.

Many of us have visited and advised solutions only to find they use the information we have given to get an unqualified third world installer !

A few then have the cheek to call us again to go and sort it out when it fails because the cheap installer has done it wrong!

Tony

I have concluded that there are two options on how to provide a solution to your requirements.
oh go on do tell, pretty please. You are such a tease.... :LOL:

I am happy to give advice in the likely cause of simple boiler/heating because its a relaxing pastime like doing a crossword with cryptic clues.
So do I conclude this isn't simple advice?

However, I expect to get paid for system design or visits either just for the advice or by doing the job.
I get that....... :rolleyes:

Many of us have visited and advised solutions only to find they use the information we have given to get an unqualified third world installer !
Not me, I want a skilled experience UK engineer. I'm kind of patriotic in that way you know.

A few then have the cheek to call us again to go and sort it out when it fails because the cheap installer has done it wrong!
Yes not ideal, but at least your getting paid for the work, right? Would a garage refuse to service a car because it wasn't bought from them, I think not. I think the nice easy trusting world you want only exists in the twilight zone.

Sponsored Links
Solar panels are completely renewable source of energy. These panels don’t create any noise in the environment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back