Gledhill Thermal Store catching fire

One caught fire on the estate where my parents live, fire brigade job and then an engineer from Gledhill came out and checked the whole estate.

Sponsored Links
Doctor Drivel said:
Most Gledhills are leaking somewhere, how one could ever catch fire is beyond me. Usually damp in most places.
Leaking? Now that is scaremongering.
It isn't though. I've lost count of the number of leaks I've fixed. Luckily no leak detector is needed because the occupants of flats underneath are kind enough to look at their ceilings occasionally. ;)

Amazing how your experiences are 180 degrees to mine.
And yet, somehow, it becomes less amazing when you consider that your experiences (sic.) are at 180 degrees to almost everyone else in the trade.

IIRC, only "Water Systems" (may his soul rest in peace) has ever said anything remotely like you.

One caught fire on the estate where my parents live, fire brigade job and then an engineer from Gledhill came out and checked the whole estate.

Probably a duff batch of pcbs and the problem sorted by now with current pcbs. No way Gledhill would allow that problem to dwell.

Doctor Drivel said:
Probably a duff batch of pcbs and the problem sorted by now with current pcbs. No way Gledhill would allow that problem to dwell.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. :rolleyes:

I wonder when they'll recall all the melted relays and relay sockets that have been installed...

Sponsored Links

Thats what they said about Suprima PCBs, I wonder how many Millions they raked in off from that rip-off

Thats what they said about Suprima PCBs, I wonder how many Millions they raked in off from that rip-off

Gledhill are not Poxy Batterton. They could not hold the cost of servicemen visiting whole estates.

How old were these BoilerMates?

Gledhill already had a bad name going back years before this fiasco.

and neither gledhill or potterton will make their pcb's in house either, almost guaranteed to be from cheapistan or some such sweathouse.

nickso said:
almost guaranteed to be from cheapistan or some such sweathouse.
At least some of Gledhill PCBs are made by Elok-Opava.

Personally, I don't see many faulty PCBs, although Boilermates are worse than other models.

nickso said:
almost guaranteed to be from cheapistan or some such sweathouse.
At least some of Gledhill PCBs are made by Elok-Opava.

Personally, I don't see many faulty PCBs, although Boilermates are worse than other models.

I like the bit where they say "For explosive Environments" are you sure Drivel didn't write that. :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back