Glo Worm Ultimate 40 BF - Wireless Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My grandparents have a Glo Worm Ultimate Boiler 40 BF with a Horstmann ChannelPlus H27 XL Series 2 to control the heating and water. In order for the central heating to work the water also needs to be turned on.
Is it possible for me to use a wireless room thermostat to this setup, to make it easier for them to control the heating? This will need the ability to turn both the water and heating on and off. If so does anyone have any recommendations? Something simple so they have no problem using it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, Denso. Have updated my question, would be better if I could put a wireless stat for them to use. Also the way the boiler runs is you must turn the water on with the central heating for the heating to work.

Anything is possible (almost) :)

The installation instructions here http://www.horstmann.co.uk/downloads/ElectronicDocuments/Central-Heating/H21-27-27ZXL-ISeries2.pdf show different configurations with room stats, but how easy it is depends on how it's actually wired at the moment.

A simple stat like the Honeywell T6360 is probably the easiest to use and understand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back