Glowworm Ultimate 40BF,Gravity Fed Hot Water Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone can help me? I have a Glowworm Ultimate 40BF which at the moment is gravity fed hot water and pumped heating and has a Horstmann ChannelPlus H27 XL Series 2 to control the heating and hot water. In order to put the heating on I have to put the hot water on as well. Is it possible to have a room thermostat installed and setup so when it calls for heating it triggers the hot water as well? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, if I have understood you correctly. The room stat will fire the boiler and pump to run the heating. However the hot water will only be heated when the room stat is calling for heat, which could be an issue in summer.

Yes, if I have understood you correctly. The room stat will fire the boiler and pump to run the heating. However the hot water will only be heated when the room stat is calling for heat, which could be an issue in summer.

Thanks kbdiy, basically as it is now I have the hot water on a timer, and if I want heating I push the boost button on both the hot water and heating to give an hour or 2 of heat. If I just put the boost on the heating and not the hot water then the radiators don't get hot. Do you think it would be possible to have a timer for the hot water and room thermostat for heating?

your timer is set to fully pumped you need to set it to gravity hot water and then the HW will come on automatically at the same time that your CH comes on, you will not be able to get CH on its own without HW but you will get HW without CH

Sponsored Links
Here is a link to the installation instructions for your programmer you need to set it to Gravity Hot water.

http://www.horstmann.co.uk/download...ral-Heating/H21-27-27ZXL-ISeries2.pdf[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ian, had a look at the manual but can't get the programmer off the back plate to look at the gravity link. Did a bit research and think it will be best to get a programmable thermostat to replace the horstmann. That would give me timed control for the water and much better control on the heating. If you have any recommendations that would be great, I have been looking at a couple Danfoss ones that would probably do the trick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back