Potterton Netaheat 10-16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've been in the new place a couple of months - when I moved in the heating switched on when requested but now only the hot water works :confused:

I replaced the Horstmann 425 control unit with a Horstmann H27 XL because the 425 was not switching the water and heating off when it was supposed to. I haven't made any other changes to the setup.

Is the problem to do with the controller? The new controller had a jumper setting which it said to remove if using a gravity system - but I don't know enough about heating systems to know whether mine is one. Could this be the problem?

Any suggestions most welcome!

Ed

Sponsored Links
How many pipes come off the boiler, 2 or 4?

Any valves should probably be in airing cupboard.

Sponsored Links
4 pipes come off the boiler

there is a red Grundfos "valve" is this the motorised valve?

If you have 4 pipes then 2 will be 22mm and 2 are 28mm? This is a gravity system. The red Grundfos 'valve' will be the pump that circulates then water around your radiators. This will be wired to your room thermostat usually. You will not be able to have heating without hot water unless there is another motorised valve near the hot water cylinder (silver looking metal box thing) and a thermostat on the h/w cylinder.

Newbie alert!

There is a little silver Honeywell box just off the storage tank.

If the system is gravity then I just need to remove the jumper setting from the control unit?

Yes thats it. This Honeywell box will control the temp of the hot water if there is a thermostat on the cylinder, if not it will just turn hot water on and off so you can have just heating without hot water on.

Set your timer to gravity and see if it improves things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back