Glowworm Ultimate 40BF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help me out here please, mate of mine has just moved into a new house and is having problems with his central heating.

Problem

When you turn the heating on the boiler fires for less than a second then cuts out, if you hold the reset button in on the control panel the boiler fires and will stay lit and working until you let go of the button.

The System

Boiler Glowworm Ultimate 40BF
Control Panel Danfloss CP15
Tank Thermostat Danfloss Type AT
Room Thermostat Danfloss but can’t see a model number.
Three-way motorised valve also from Danfloss
There is also a Myson Aerjec vent thingy in the system and a tank in the airing cupboard
In the loft there are 2 tanks with cold water in them, connected to the system.

If you need anymore information to try and help me out with this one please ask and I will do the best I can to answer the questions.

Thanks, and look forward to your comments.

Sponsored Links
methinks you mean ff not bf

the bf hasn't got a reset on :eek:

i would be checking the reset switch to make sure it has continuity first

Sponsored Links
Its nothing at all to do with the boiler. It sounds like yu have a duff Timer that needs replacing.

Pilot is fine, was thinking that the next move would be to change the Danfoss CP15, does anyone knowhow much work it's going to be as I'm sure they don't do the CP15 anymore

Turn poweroffand underneath clock is 2 screwsundo these withouttaking out abnd the clock will move forward at the bottom lift slightly to take it ioff top locating pegs. Leave the backplate and wiring in position. And replace with a fp715. Which will fit straight back onto the existing backplate as will just about any new programmer

Thanks for the advice, will go and get one today and see if it fixes his problem. Anyone got any other ideas incase this don't work ?

It will work.

You will be surprised how much difficulty you have in removing the old one. Get the new one first and practice on that so you get the feel for how it fits together.

Have changed the CP15 for a CP715 (think that's what it was) and everything has lept into life, the new one went on without any problems at all. Restored the power pressed the 1 hour button and away it went. Mate now has a nice warm house.

Thanks again for the bits of advice folks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back