Global Warming

S

Soggy_weetabix

Did anyone see this in the news?

Sea Ice Ends Year at Same Level as 1979

No, and why not? Because the media is being controlled.

I did a search on the BBC for this and look what comes up:

Search BBC for "Sea Ice Ends Year at Same Level as 1979"

Think about that next time they show a photo of a poor ickle polar bear being forced to swim due to “lack of polar ice”.

Did you know a polar bear can swim at over 6mph for many hours at a time? Michael Phelps can only manage 4.7mph over 100 metres.

The current world record for the 1500m freestyle (long course) 14 minutes, 34.56 seconds, set by Grant Hackett in 2001. You could give Grant a five minute head start and your average polar bear would catch up with him before the finish, eat him without breaking stroke and continue swimming at the pace of decent motor launch for several hours without breathing hard.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Sea Ice Ends Year at Same Level as 1979
Can you demonstrate this assertion to be true?

Might one reason that it is not widely published be, because it is not true?

Do you mean Polar ice, or do you mean ice over all the worlds oceans, or do you mean ice in one particular place?

John, if you use a search engine and search for 'sea ice same 1979' you'll get loads of articles from various sources (no idea personally on how reliable they are) which seem to suggest what soggy has posted is true? But i couldn't find anthing on the BBC site.

yes, there are quite a lot. I don't see any from reputable scientific sources though :confused:

Sponsored Links
is dailytech a reputable scientific source?

puzzlingly, it refers to the university of illinois reseach center source, without giving a link, but when I search for that, I don't find it, just a lot of gossip news sites :confused:

can someone find a link to the source document?

However, when I went to the UoI website, and searched "Arctic" I found, among others:

http://www.uillinois.edu/clips/September-17-2008.pdf
and
Analysts See 'Simply Incredible' Shrinking of Floating Ice in the Arctic ... there will be more open water in the Arctic than has been seen for a long time. ...
and
The annual summer retreat of the sea ice cloaking the Arctic Ocean appears ... the long-term trend is toward an ice-free summer in the Arctic Ocean
and
HEADLINE: Arctic sea ice shrinking at record rate
and
sea ice in tne Arctic region had plunged to new lows
and
the ice melting now is taking place in all parts of the Arctic
and
Boulder researchers stunned by rapid retreat of Arctic sea ice ... BOULDER - There was less ice in the Arctic Ocean last week than at any time
and
The area of floating ice in the Arctic has shrunk more this summer than ... Serreze said a high-pressure system parked over the Arctic appeared to have ...
and
now opened due to the shrinking of Arctic sea ice. ... A shipping route through the Northwest Passage in the Canadian Arctic
and
Satellite images of the Arctic show what some researchers say could be the start of a feedback. loop that causes the Arctic ice to shrink permanently

What was it you said? The media is being controlled?

I think I spy selective and biased use of reports by those who seized on one piece of (so far untraced) data and ignored all the rest.

i always think its strange when the media say things like 'this is the hottest day for 100yrs'

surely that means 100yrs ago it was hotter

Definition of "expert" Ex is a hasbeen, spert is a little drip. Take no notice of all the doommongers, it was proved that the polar bear picture supporting their sea ice claims was taken in the summer. If all the claims were true how is it that the Ice Road is used every year.

ice roads may still exist in the wintertime long after the polar ice caps have melted. :rolleyes:

What if there is no global warming?......... how could you prove it? too many people are making a living from it already, global warming global shloreming!! :LOL:

I just knew you'd reply to this thread about global warming what with all those fantastic sunsets you get down there :evil:

We have a fridge in our garage that we use for storing wine and beer etc. Got it from Tesco I think. Anyway, it's always Icing Up so I'll chip a few chunks off every morning, nip down to the beach and throw them in the sea. Every little helps. :)

Last year, Johan Hari writing in the Independent made the extraordinary assertion that the Arctic ice had already completely disappeared.

(The TV pictures of polar ice that I could see on the screen while I was reading the article must have been archive footage recorded some years earlier!)

Here's a link to a pro-global-warming source, which shows evidence that the population of polar bears is increasing.

Sponsored Links
Back