Glow warm 18hxi service cost

I keep saying this. The PCB has faulted for a reason. Do a search on HXi burner door seals. You are planning on doing it yourself, we are not thick.

Sponsored Links
I keep saying this. The PCB has faulted for a reason. Do a search on HXi burner door seals. You are planning on doing it yourself, we are not thick.

Aha, I see where you are going with this, I shall be careful what I say.

I have to say in this situation you will have to get an RGI you can trust,, because if PCB ( feasible) then it has to be set up properly if not it will break down again soon after, unfortunatley for you , it has picked the wrong time of year to breakdown.
Hope this helps

No RGI or plumber :rolleyes: in their sane minds would fit a PCB on these type of boilers without the correct test equipment and knowledge on how to. So you see my point rgill?

Sponsored Links
Easyflow, if combustion chamber opened, should the gasket not be renewed?

What about the condensate syphon- does this not need cleaning during service?

OP, clearly you are not seeking professional help as plumbers that will fit your supplied PCB will probably know less than you about your boiler. I would charge what I charge regardless if the PCB (which may well not be faulty) can be got for a goat, ram's head and a kind word. People that are looking at your boiler are either magicians or have an open line to the man in the sky to be able to say what is wrong with your boiler without carrying out checks on how or why the boiler malfunctions. I take it you have checked the plumber/ s credentials that he/ they are Gas Safe Registered

DP, correct ...............It was an overview for a curious op, but if you want to knit pick we could include a host of extras that might be included in a service ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
If your plumber can say no display is pcb hes a muppet, its probably 6 other things for no display on this boiler before a pcb. Also if the boiler has never been serviced it would likely need a new seal which i would charge u an extra £20 quid for. These boilers can be highly dangerous if your plumber has no experience of them!(or you)

If your plumber can say no display is pcb hes a muppet, its probably 6 other things for no display on this boiler before a pcb. Also if the boiler has never been serviced it would likely need a new seal which i would charge u an extra £20 quid for. These boilers can be highly dangerous if your plumber has no experience of them!(or you)

That's what I want to hear, some good advise. Any one in my area that is recommended, Coventry/Nuneaton/ Bedworth area?

I have to say in this situation you will have to get an RGI you can trust,, because if PCB ( feasible) then it has to be set up properly if not it will break down again soon after, unfortunatley for you , it has picked the wrong time of year to breakdown.
Hope this helps

Agree, going to be an expensive month

Haha, I am begging to like you.
The reason if the fault is the PCB, would be my 3year old admitting to switching it on and off!

Trust me what ever I was going to do myself,I have done, so from here on I will be getting some one to fix it.

All I tried to do was diagnose as much as I could, because it could have been simple ad a fuse blown.

HXi burner door seals, would that stop any power to the led display?

OP, clearly you are not seeking professional help as plumbers that will fit your supplied PCB will probably know less than you about your boiler. I would charge what I charge regardless if the PCB (which may well not be faulty) can be got for a goat, ram's head and a kind word. People that are looking at your boiler are either magicians or have an open line to the man in the sky to be able to say what is wrong with your boiler without carrying out checks on how or why the boiler malfunctions. I take it you have checked the plumber/ s credentials that he/ they are Gas Safe Registered

He was recommended, but he came with loads of sales talk, how he had dealt with the same issue with 2-3 other customers in the past fortnight. I will check GS registered. I told him I thought it was the PCB because I had confirmed there is a current going into the board and the fuse on the board seems fine. I told my son had probably played with the switch on the boilermate, it took him 1 min to say yes it was the PCB and 15 minutes about other stuff.

As money is hard for all, the last thing I need is some one taking me to the cleaners by asking me to fork out for a PCB that doesn't fix the problem.

I will be getting a second opinion from another

:D

Have considered joining British gas homecare advertised on tv

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back