Glow Warm Hideaway & Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've got an old Glow Warm Hideaway boiler. The set up is as follows. Over the last couple of days the heating is warming up when the hot water comes on. The heating pump is not on and I cannot work out why the heating pipes are getting very warm. It's got old industrial 1.5 inch pipes so this is making the house very hot. I suspect the problem is on the water side but any ideas?

Cheers

Graeme

upload_2020-4-9_20-53-11.png

Sponsored Links
If your diagram is accurate you have gravity circulation to the rads.

Hi. Thanks. The heating is fed through a pump. This is definitely off. Just before Christmas we had to get the pump changed so we know the heating is only fed usually when that is on.

There will be a check valve on the heating circuit, its normally on a vertical pipe just after the pump and sounds like yours is stuck open.

antigravity-valve.jpg

Sponsored Links
Your right there aint one there, bit of a long shot but it could be in the pump connections.

Last edited:
You could just close the gate valve in the picture but don't force it as they are prone to shearing when old, its good to open and close them a couple of times a year just to keep them free, and don't forget to open it before you turn the heating on, very old system though but probably very reliable.

Or have a nrv installed , save messing about the with the gate valves every time you want the heating on or off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back