glow worm 100e pcb goes bang twice!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i just replaced twice this pcb board (refurb) and both times its gone bang resulting in burning the fuse out on the board replaced the fuse and now getting a constant lockout light which wont reset. any idea before i stick a hammer through it, changed pressure and micro switch. any idea anyone or anyone come across this.... thanks :confused:

Sponsored Links
What has blown the board in the first place.

Did you check the fan.
Did you check the pump.
Did you perform any electrical checks.

yes checked the fan for earthing etc wot do you mean by other electrical checks yes the board sparked at the minature relay on board leaving black mark looks to me if i put another board it probbly blow that one as well although notice burnt the printed track as well to this relay so im going to solder the track and see wot happens.

Sponsored Links
I always wonder why people choose repaired PCB boards rather that proper new ones.

The PCB is the last part any competent engineer would ever replace and then only when all other components have been properly checked.

I presume you are a DIYer trying to save money. Whilst there are many heating repairs which a DIYer can do boiler repairs are probably one area where for most electrical problem its less likely a DIYer will have much success.

If parts like PCBs are blown as a result of another fault then it quickly runs up costs higher than calling a professional to do it properly.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back