Glow worm 18sx fault F1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm new to this site and did do a search but couldn't find an answer to my problem. I'm a kitchen and bathroom fitter so do my own plumbing bar gas work.
My boiler wouldn't light tonight so I checked it out and it had an F1 fault. On checking my manual I went through what it could be. The condensate pipe doesn't appear blocked but on removal of the front cover the condensate trap was very full. I emptied it and thought that would solve it but it still tries to ignite 5 times then goes in to F1 fault again. Is it the gas valve?
Any help would be appreciated. It's 2 1\2 years old.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
The water in the condensate trap prevents potentially dangerous flue gasses getting out of the boiler!

Apart from the possibility of causing yourself carbon monoxide poisoning, you can also damage the plastic condensate parts with hot flue gases.

That was not a very wise thing to do. Thats why we dont recommend many DIY attempts at boiler repairs!

Tony

Sponsored Links
So if that's ok and it's not blocked it must be something else causing the fault. I have a mate coming tomorrow who is a gas safe plumbing engineer to look at it. It looks towards a gas vale then.

So if that's ok and it's not blocked it must be something else causing the fault. I have a mate coming tomorrow who is a gas safe plumbing engineer to look at it. It looks towards a gas vale then.

I'll bet you £50 it isn't the gas valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back