Glow Worm 30cxi not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening folks,

Hoping for some guidance if possible please. I own a Glow Worm 30cxi combi-boiler. The hot water at home is working fine, but whenever we try to get the central heating going nothing happens. The digistat (iflo +2RF) seems to be working fine and is connected up to the receiver.

When we want the heating on, the green light goes on with the receiver, the Boiler sounds like it wants to fire up, and then it just goes quiet and nothing happens.

The display on the boiler read 67c, and the pressure bar is at 1.1

The only time the green light on the boiler ever goes on is when we turn hot water on. As soon as we switch the hot water off, the light goes off again.

I haven't got a clue about plumbing terminology or anything else to do with plumbing. If anybody is able to give advice to me as though i were a child, then that would be great.

in the meantime, we're going to be freezing in silence. :cry:

Sponsored Links
when you turn the heating on does the display show temperature or the pressure?
can you hear the pump running?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back