Glow-worm 40 Super Leaking Heat Exchange & Roaring Gas

M

monkeys

Hi,
I have a Glow-worm 40 Super boiler with flue going up through house and out roof. I have heard spitting noises inside and the pilot keeps going out. I think the heat exchange is leaking.... can I get a new one for this model (think I saw one on antiques roadshow!!!) Also when I can get it to stay alight the gas seems to rage... not breathing properly? Do flue's get blocked? Require cleaning? or should I just conceed and get new condensing jobby.... expensive? Combi or conventional? OH SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease help before I freeze!!!!
Thank you
Monkey
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
to change the heat exchanger you MUST be competent (gas safety installation and use regs 1999)

so get a RGI and ask his and many others advise

my, for what its worth is get a new boiler and, unless you have a very good reason to give the local building control or a PArt L complient fitter, you will have to have a condensing boiler, Nowt to do with us Mr Blurrrr and Fatboy prescott fault, I certainly did not vote for em

Thank you...
Combi or norm? Its for me ma's pad...... 3bed terrace, doesn't mind bath, looking to install power shower within 6 months before this went pop!! Only one adult in house.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back