Glow worm Compact 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i'm after some quick help i have a glow worm compact 100e that's got a problem but i'm not sure how to solve it. The problem is the boiler works for a while and then the boiler gets to temperture and switches the gas off as normal, the problem then arises in that when it wants to switch the heat back on it can't the igniter does nothing. you can still hear the pump running the hot water and heating at this point doesn't work if you then switch the dial to the off position and wait until the pump has stoped can somtimes take a while then swicth the heat back on it works fine the water also works at this point.

I don't think it's a problem with the igniter because when i try and get it working after the pump has stoped it works fine no problem. what other protential things could it be. I'm begining to feel like it could be the pcb and one of the resistors if this could cause this i can get on of the guys at work to change components on the board is this a likely suspect

Many Thankd
Dan

Sponsored Links
Hi all could really do with your help the boiler seems to work fine if you set it up for times for example have it come on for 30mins and then off for 30 mins it works fine i can get water when ever i need it when it's like this. I can on assume it's some sort of sensor that when the boiler has been on for to long it stops it firing up

Many Thanks
Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back