glow worm compact eletronic boiler - lockout problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a house with a Glow-worm compact electronic 100e boiler and it's starting to play up. I've had a problem from the start when it took 3 or more attempts to get the lockout light to stay off and the boiler to fire up. I did this by turning the room thermometer up, switching the boiler on, if it didn't fire up I canceled the lockout by depressing the button underneath waited a few mins and tried again. Within this process it would light the gas on low but would then lock-out after about 10 secs, eventually after a few goes it would fire up and once up it seems fine until the next day when I had to go through the process again. But now the spark is not igniting the gas at all and the lock-out light comes on at every attempt. Btw the gas supply is fine.

Can someone please give me a clue as to what I could easily and cheaply replace that might solve the problem before getting a boiler engineer out which is something I really cannot afford at the moment in time.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Take your pick these boiler are a heap of ****. Dodgy pcb flow switches sticking diaphram on pump flow switch perforated badly set up pcb/gas valve on ignition rate pump not working. These boilers also leak like seives. Best bet ring glowworm spend 300 quid get it repaired and insured for the next 12 months. Or better still put 300 quid towards a decent new boiler

If I had 300 quid I would do so. So it could be any number of parts but surely one part in the list is worth trying first...no?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back