Glow worm flexicom 12hx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have one of these boilers and it will only work when + & - are held for 5 secs, this then goes in to commission mode for about 10 mins and then cuts out.
when you go on diagnostic mode it has code of L8, of which is " calling for heat ". the setting should be 1 but is stuck on 0, when you press + to change to 1 it will not move,
how can I change this ?

Sponsored Links
I don't know, look on the chad valley website, they probably make a better boiler than Glow Worm :LOL:

I think they are designed for the lower end of the market and priced accordingly. Also their after sales and the engineers who I've come across have no morals, ethics and know what they are doing.

The worst thing is they let them loose on my Vaillants :eek:

Yes you guessed it, I've had a s*** dat with a Glow Worm engineer costing me a 1/2 days wages to get one of my systems up and running after he had un-necessarily repaired it and f***** it all up and told the customer I had installed everything wrong. Customer has told me that she will never let him back in her house again.

Took me 2 hours to get it working but did in end.

This 'repairer' says that all faults are caused by a dirty system, sunds familiar Kev Plumb :LOL:

I drained some water out and clean as a whistle. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
This system is new as are all pipe work, the main problem is this code of L8, In the book it states 0 is no heat sorce and 1 is heat source. but because I can not change this to 1 it will not operate.
I am wodering if this points to the PCB board or a dodgy control panel ?
Any help gratefully received.
andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back