Glow Worm Flexicom 30 CX with Climapro2 conversion to Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just when you think you've seen enough Hive instalation threads and then this pops up!

I've searched the forum for similar threads, but most seem simple in comparison.

Current setup is a Glow Worm Flexicom 30CX with a Climapro Wireless Handheld Thermostat programmer. The wire that goes to this is the black two core flex to the left in the photo.

My initial thoughts are that I need to take another live from L to 1 on the Hive back plate and another from R to 3 on the Hive back plate.

But the question is, do I need to remove the bridge (red cable going from 24v to 0v) when I remove the black flex from the connector box?

Also, F is for frost stat - will it run using the Hive as a frost stat or will I need to add an extra stat?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
My guess is you’ve removed a boiler cover, which forms part of the combustion circuit. Are you able to carry our necessary 26.9 checks afterwards? I’m guessing not, if this is true then please put the cover back on and stop putting yourself and others at risk.

Thank you.

All done.

Removed bridge and old EBUS wires when removing old wireless controller (ClimaPro2) and then linked the 230v control "R" ---> "T3" and Live to T1.

Did you keep the systempro programmer wired up as normal and powered on?

2AA46F44-B8A4-48ED-805B-A88192935D51.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I ended up ripping it all out and bought a new wiring centre and started from scratch .. all good in the end. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back